Public library book loans per year. (million)
Hong Kong: 49.8
Cape Town: 9.9
(World Cities Culture Forum)
This graph says “The cities contributing most to global GDP by 2013”, Top 15 cities worldwide by GDP in 2030 (in billion GBP).
Ranking is as the below.
1. New York-New Jersey City(USA)
2. Shanghai (China)
3. Tianjin (China)
4. Beijing (China)
5. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim (USA)
6. Guangzhou, Guangdong (USA)
7. Shenzhen (China)
8. London-Metro (UK)
9. Chongqing (China)
10. Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)
11. Tokyo (Japan)
12. Jakarta (Indonesia)
13. San Paulo (Brazil)
14. Foshan, Giangdong (China)
15. Wuhan, Hubei (China)
Then, 8 cities of these top 15 are cities in China. About 53% of these 15 countries are China’s cities.
This table says “Baccalaureate-origin Institutions of PhD graduates in S/E From US Universities” in USA.
Below is the ranking in this table.
1. Tsinghua university (China)
2. Beijing University (China)
3. Seoul National University (Korea)
4. Cornell University (USA)
5. University of California-Berkley (USA)
6. National Taiwan University (Taiwan)
7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
8. University of Science and Technology China (China)
9. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
10. Fudan University (China)
11. Nanking University (China)
12. University of Mumbai (India)
13. Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus (USA)
14. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (USA)
15. Shanghai Jiaotong University (China)
16. University of Florida (USA)
17. Nankai Univertisy (China)
18. University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
19. University of Texas at Austin (USA)
20. University of California-Davis (USA)
21. Harvard University (USA)
22. Brigham Young University (USA)
23. University of California-Los Angeles (USA)
24. Zhejiang University (China)
25. China University of Science and Technology (China)
Then, 9 universities in China are in this ranking list.
The name of these universities in China, I know all these names, because these universities are always very famous and advanced level institutions in China for a long long years.